The FSR Foundation will provide funding to qualifying non-profit organizations providing services to K-12 students, workplace, older Americans and/or veterans. We support financial literacy programs that provide educational opportunities empowering all Americans with the knowledge and tools to make informed financial decisions through all stages of their life. Organizations may apply for full or partial funding of a program. In September of each year, two grants of $10,000 will be awarded. One will go to a FSR national non-profit partner and the other will go to a qualifying non-profit. Organizations that have received a grant must wait three years before they are eligible to receive another grant.
Grants Will Not be Made for the Following:
- General operating efforts or to create endowments
- Organization debt reduction
- Sectarian religious activities, political lobbying or legislative activities
- Annual funds, goals, or other special-event fundraising activities
- Indirect administrative costs
- Capital campaigns
- Organization events that are not open to the general public
- Fundraising events
- Travel or conference expenses for the organizations’ employees
The Application will Request the Following:
- A detailed program proposal including:Brief background of your organization, Detailed description of the program for which your organization seeks funding, including the objectives of the program, Other funding sources of your organization that will support this program (please list top 5 funders)
- List of your leadership and their outside affiliations
- Last available audited financial statement
- Copy of the 501(c) (3) federal tax exemption letter of determination.
- Project budget
Applications will be accepted July 24 – August 18, 2017 and grant recipients will be contacted by September 1, 2017. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
To be considered for funding, please complete and submit the online application found below. Paper applications can be requested by calling 202-589-2443, e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailing requests to FSR Foundation Grants, 600 13th St., NW, Washington, D.C. 20005.